Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Renassiance Blog



The Renaissance
When I read the Renaissance it made me say, " I know this is going to be interesting" the first thing I noticed is that a lot of the great paintings were done during the renaissance time like the birth of Venus. I didn’t know Michelangelo lived during the renaissance time that’s very interesting because he did many great paintings. I learnt that the group Humanist who studied Latin and Greek classics to find answers to live better lives. It seems like the humanist stared the reformation, after the reformation. During the reformation they where trying to reform the Catholic Church. It was interesting to know that the reformation was strengthened just by Johannes Guthenberg's invention of the printing press.
Without the printing press, reformation would have never happened, because during the renaissance time people didn’t have books because they were so expensive but, when the printing press was invented it made it cheaper and easier for the people to read their own books. That means people could believe what they wanted and it made a big change during the reformation. It seems like catholic was the most major religion during the renaissance time but as the Reformation started this changed, people started straying away from the catholic religion because it was corrupting. After the printing press they no longer had to rely on the pope to translate things for them.’
The most interesting thing I read was, when I read about King James. King James was a very interesting person to me. He had six wives, two he divorced, two he had beheaded, one died on her own, and one outlived him. It was said that he wanted a son to take his heir and Jane Seymour had his first son. It just crazy how he only wanted these women to have a son for him. I guess back then love wasn’t important people only cared about who was king or who was queen and I think that is so rude. I still think that the renaissance is going to be very interesting and I can’t wait to read more about it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am very outgoing, I like to be goofy and have fun.