Thursday, September 07, 2006

Analytical Writng on MUSIC

I’m going to analyze music because it is one of my favorite things. There are different kinds of music. There is jazz, blues, opera, rap, classical, heavy metal, and last but not least R&B. Music is entertainment that mostly all people enjoy to make them happy or sad. It can make people feel crunk or make them just want to chill. The sound of music is so powerful it helps plenty of people get through hard times. The words can motivate you and make you feel good inside and out.

Jazz is a style of music that first started in the south. There’s also Blues and Opera, which is another form of music that tells a story. Out of all the different types there’s also Rap which basically rhymes. There also is classical music, and Heavy also known as rock, it has a strong beat and it is very very loud.

Out of all the music, my favorite form of Music is R&B, which means rhythm and blues. I love R&B because of soulful meaning. When you listen to it, it touches you and makes you feel well inside. When I was little me, my mom and my grandma would get up early in the morning for breakfast and listen to Aretha Franklin while dancing around the house singing RESPECT.
I miss those days that happened when my grandma was alive. Another soulful artist I like is Patti Belle, I think that’s why my mom say I have a old soul because I love soulful music and sometimes I like old folks music better than young folk music.

Another reason I love R&B is because I can relate to it better, I don’t be understanding that rap mess they talk to fast for me. I prefer R&B than any other type of music. The artist I relate to the most is Keyshia Cole because she has been through many trails and tribulations in life just like me. She sings about the mistakes she has made in life with family and mostly guys. The music she sings about really hits home. I have been through a many things and like she say, " you have to move on and do you" so that’s what I’m trying to do.

R&B is slow music. Unlike rap you get to lay back and actually hear what it’s saying. You can listen to slow music on any occasion, weddings, dates, or just riding in the car with your home girls to name a few Kendra and Kiara. My favorite slow song is Keyshia Cole "I Should’ve Cheated" The song talks about how her boyfriend cheated on her and how she wish she would have cheated too so she wouldn’t be so hurt.

R&B also eases my mind and makes me calm down when I’m mad, especially when I’m mad at my boyfriend for doing something stupid. Most guys don’t like slow music but what they fail to see is it will calm you down. Instead of smoking a cigarette and calming your nerves you should turn on some R&B music. Sometimes when I’m having one of those days where it seem like everything is gong wrong and there is no one for me to talk to I turn on slow music.

The lyrics in R&B is what makes up the song, Why listen to a song if you don’t know what it’s talking about or what’s going on? I hate when I don’t understand a song. Sometimes when I first hear a song I don’t like it, but when I listen to the lyrics and hear what they saying I start to like it. A song is not good unless it has good lyrics and to my opinion the best part of a song is the good lyrics that you can understand. Well as you can see there are many different types of music but since R&B is my favorite I decided to break it down for you.

In the beginning I named a few other types of music. For instance rap, I don’t really dislike it I just prefer to listen to it when I’m at a party or when I’m feeling crunk. But, since I’m usually a down, to earth person I don’t really listen to rap. Classical has never been my type of music but its kind of like R&B it calms you and makes you feel focused. When I went to Clarke Central my language arts teacher Mrs. Blankenship would turn on classical music, as we would work. It always seemed to keep me focused and on task. I like all kinds of music but for now I’m going to stick with my favorite, R&B.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am very outgoing, I like to be goofy and have fun.